Wednesday, September 30, 2020

A Corona Karen Encounter

 I ran into a Karen the other day.  My dog is dying so I took her one last time to the lake.  Drove threw town, my special needs son wanted to go to a playground for a few minutes that he used to go to pre-quarantine.  I said yes.  Parked.  Made sure my two dogs were comfortable, rolled down the windows enough to make sure they got a nice breeze.  Five minutes into my son playing I hear my dogs barking and then a small crowd gathering.  It was a Karen and her group of friends inspecting my dogs.  She came over and said I should do something about them.  I explained they had the windows down, we are only going to be here a few minutes, and they were fine (which they absolutely were). Karen said no they were not and started blabbing at me.  I said I'd check on them.  They were fine (well, as fine as can be, my dog in the back was doing bad because, well, she is dying).  The windows were down enough so I could reach in and pet the dogs without rolling them down more.  There was a nice breeze, it wasn't that hot out, they were fine.  In defiance I went back and let my son play a little more.  Karen kept glaring at me, not because she gave two shits about my dogs anymore, but because I had defied her.  I looked frumpy and my dog in the back looked bad, so it was her place being a superior being to step in and share her wisdom to a lesser and expect it to be followed immediately and with apology that Karen had to step in in the first place.  Instead as Karen glared I scratched my face vigorously with my middle finger, that got her to quit glaring on me.  But she got on the phone and suddenly reinforcements from a nearby RV started to show up.  F__K, I just wanted to have a good day with my son and my dogs, let my dog play in the water which she loves. Let my son burn off some energy for 10 minutes before an hour drive home. But Karen wanted to f that up without knowing the details. 

I could see where this was headed, and my mind set would not handle it to well.  Plus I wouldn't have put it past Karen to call 911.  I get it, in a hot car dogs and kids can dehydrate and even die.  I would never do that to my dogs or my son.  But this is fall in Northern AZ not Summer in Phoenix.  This lady was totally over reacting and being freaking a psycho.  But after a few minutes I gathered my son up and headed back to the car which was about 40' away.  Again, checked the temp as I entered, totally fine.  One of the newly arrived allies stared at me.  Fuck you.  Stared him down till he broke.  What I thought biotch.  At this point I needed to get out of there just for time and because this was not going to end well.  So I fired up the ride and went to McDonalds as I had planned to do, and even though the dogs each drank plenty of lake water about a half hour ago, I gave them some more as I had planned to do.  Day was kind of ruined.  Thanks Karen.

No comments: