Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I'm About Done

Social media is getting crazy. Everyone is like hovering for an excuse to be offended and virtue signal over almost anything. It used to be you could disagree with people without hating them and accusing them of being evil so you can let the inner hate that you have built up inside you flow out against them and somehow feel justified about doing it. I gotta say I'm about done. I don't do a lot of controversial post of facebook but it is all part of the same beast. In Soviet Russia you had to be very careful about what you said in public. In America it is becoming the same way. Of course you will always legally be able to say anything...but not if you want a job, not if you want to belong to certain groups, in the future probably not if you want a loan or use a bank. A lot of people are self-censoring and this is a very bad sign for the way of the future. Me, I won't self censor per se, I'll just think that the state of mental health of most of my fellow citizens is declining fast, and because of that many are just too freaken crazy to have rational dialog with. Sad, disruptive or deviant (in the true definition) thinkers will go silent over time. I'm no genius but I am one of them. I think I have some things to offer in a variety of debates. I'm not an expert on anything, but I know a little bit about a lot, and I believe I can offer up worthwhile insights on how things all mesh together. But it is getting to the point of why bother. I'm sure many people are like me. This is how the flames of freedom slowly become extinguished. Social media at first opened the door...then is now slamming it shut. At this point unless you are posting pics of your meals, or where you went hiking, or what it looks like outside today, you risk creating a rope to hang yourself dependent on the prevailing future political winds. AI will filter it all, and give you a score (already does, China's system is just public, ours is not). Maybe it's time to dump all this...whatever it is. Some will rejoice maybe, but those of you who have that fascist trait in you be careful of the filtered and ascetically pleasing (to you) world you create. It might be a little bit grayer then expected, the lattes tasting more bland, and the wonder and joy of it all suddenly and unexpectedly seeming quite bland as your soul withers and dies in the new dystopia you created as a paradise but found it as a tomb.

No comments: