Tuesday, April 4, 2023

What I SHOULD Do

 Sometimes you just know what you should do but don't do it.

1) I wouldn't move to another apartment in the city where I'm at.  I'd stay where I'm living now, maybe go month-to-month.  Moving right now is a distraction and an expense.

2) I'd research cities where energy production is a major part of their economy.  I think the dollar is going to lose it's reserve currency status in the next few years, and when it does it is going to be bad.  Not mad max bad, but close.  And I expect the general standard of living in the US to go down by like 40%.  That is roughly about how much our GDP is produced through "financialization".  Without the Federal Reserve printing press all that stuff shrinks.  But real economic production becomes more valuable.  So I would relocate to a city and get a job at a company that is involved in that.  If I was smart I'd start looking for a job in one of those cities NOW.

3) I'd quit fooling around and focus on studying and side projects a lot more than I am now.  I want to increase my value not let me get closer to an IT shelf life.

4) In a new city I'd live in a place (rent) that has as small a footprint and is as inexpensive as I can that is in a good neighborhood.  Good neighborhoods will become bad neighborhoods, and bad neighborhoods will become horror shows when the dollar goes down.  So I'd strive to live in the best neighborhood possible.

5) When able, get into property.  Even if it means living on well / sceptic in an old RV.  Own it free and clear and low taxes.  Once in the space start storing up long shelf food.

6) Hopefully live close to my ex or convince my ex to move closer to me so I can see my son more.  Travel will be restricted, maybe a little more dangerous, and more expensive.



No comments: